[78-L] Cylinder Rubble

J. E. Knox rojoknox at metroeast.org
Fri Dec 16 11:56:14 PST 2011

Greetings from FixitLand!

Julian Vein wrote:

> Why do you guys keep referring to these things as "cylinders"--they
> are
> tubes!

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/cylinder

If your implication is that it cannot be a cylinder because it is
hollow, then we have to start referring to automotive engines as "six-
tube," "eight-tube" etc. instead of "six-cylinder," "eight-cylinder"
etc. I've got a four-tube car and a five-tube radio?

LOL

Disc records were once referred to as "plates." Whatever...

Take care,

Joe
--
"A kitten is chiefly remarkable for rushing about like mad at nothing
whatsoever, and generally stopping before it gets there."--Agnes