[78-L] The Zen of 78 acquisition

Robert M. Bratcher Jr. rbratcherjr at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 15 12:02:23 PST 2011

The below description looks sturdy enough for me. Should arrive safely, I hope.....

But then I've had one or two 78's shipped in a 1 to 3 LP Bags Unlimited box with each sleeve (not original thankfully) taped at the top & bottom to a 12" cardboard piece with another 2 or 3 pieces of cardboard placed in the box to fill it up. Arrived intact with no breakage!! The same way I'd ship one to three 78's to a buyer.

Once I recieved two 10" record album 78 rpm sets (with the records left in the sleeves) packed together with bubblewrap around them then shoved into a box. Again they arrived safely but then I would have put the 78's in sleeves, taped them together as a single mass then put bubble wrap around the 78 sandwinch. After that I'd enclose each album in separate bubble wrap. All of that would go in the box for shipping.