[78-L] The THIRD Jazz Singer being released.

L78rpm at aol.com L78rpm at aol.com
Wed Dec 14 02:28:03 PST 2011

I didn't post to the list about it before the event.  The theatre is  at
220 East 4th Street, near Avenue B.   Check out their  website.  The artistic
director is Alex Roe, a Harvard grad interested  producing older plays that
speak to life in the United States.  I've seen  their production of Uncle
Tom's Cabin and The Drunkard.  He is smart,  inventive, and does wonderful
stuff with very few resources.

go to _http://metropolitanplayhouse.org_ (http://metropolitanplayhouse.org)

pc

In a message dated 12/13/2011 11:55:18 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,

From:  L78rpm at aol.com
> "The Jazz Singer" began as a short story and then  became a play with
George
> Jessel as Jakie Rabinowitz. It was revived,  as a play, for a limited run
> at the Metropolitan Playhouse in New  York City (off-off-Broadway, in
what
> is now called "alphabet city").  It opened in mid-November and closed
last
> weekend, as planned, on  December 11. I served as a music consultant.
> paul charosh

Did I  miss a posting from you about this??  Leah and I would have gone
--  she usually knows about all of these things and doesn't remember
seeing  anything about it.

Mike Biel  mbiel at mbiel.com

78-L mailing  list
78-L at klickitat.78online.com