[78-L] The Official Boy Scout Record - 1924

David Sanderson dwsanderson685 at roadrunner.com
Mon Dec 12 14:52:30 PST 2011

On 12/12/2011 1:38 PM, bruce78rpm at comcast.net wrote:
> http://s535.photobucket.com/albums/ee358/Sonoraman2/?action=view&current=BoyScoutLabel-1Small.jpg
>

> Does anyone know whether this record, which was pressed by Cameo in
> 1924, was pressed exclusively for the Boy Scouts for their exclusive
> use and sale to their members, or was it created by Cameo for direct
> sale at record stores all over the U.S.A. ?

I have a copy of this, and a copy of a bugle call record with the Boy
Scout label. My impression has been that these were Scout merchandise,
not for general sale. It fits with the fact that my grandfather was for
a time a Scout Master in Cotuit, Massachusetts, my father being one of
his scouts. i'd welcome more information - I should check some of the
1920's Boys Life issues from my father during that period.

--
David Sanderson
East Waterford Maine
dwsanderson685 at roadrunner.com