[78-L] Operatic Sight Reading.

Malcolm Rockwell malcolm at 78data.com
Mon Dec 12 08:39:45 PST 2011

Uh, your definition of transpose is slightly askew. It is not the
ability to play in different keys, it is the ability to play in a key
that is different from the key written on the sheet music. So, if a song
is written in E but the vocalist's natural key is F# a pianist who can
transpose has the ability to play in F# (or any other key) even though
the score is in E.
We won't even get in to horn transpositions!
Malcolm

*******