[78-L] You know you can't stop collecting 78s when..

John Wright vintage at jabw.demon.co.uk
Sun Dec 11 09:17:26 PST 2011

Here in the Midlands of England we may have the ideal storage conditions for
78s. Garage is part of the house (brick-built) concrete floor, outside
temperature rarely below 0degC (32F) rarely above 25degC (77F), near top of
a slight hill so no dampness /flood. The gas boiler for water heating is in
the garage, I expect the temperature in the garage is always 10-20degC about
50-70F.

Biggest risk is the boiler setting off a fire or exploding    ..... :o|

Just checked, the boiler was made in 1985 !!!!!

***
Subject: Re: [78-L] You know you can't stop collecting 78s when..
Actually, all the sources I have heard/read, like Tom Tynan, say that a
garage should not be insulated, I forget the reason why.
joe salerno

On 12/9/2011 9:10 AM, Robert M. Bratcher Jr. wrote:
> A garage can be turned into climate controlled storage.....

joe salerno wrote:

I'm appalled. I would never even consider keeping my records in the garage,
where the extremes of heat and cold, mainly heat (and humidity) in this part
of the world, could cause so much damage.

Show some decency. Keep the records in your bedroom and sleep in the garage.
If your wife and kids complain, get a divorce and keep the house.

joe salerno (never married, isn't that obvious?)