[78-L] from Allan Sherman's "A Gift of Laughter"

Michael Biel mbiel at mbiel.com
Fri Dec 9 12:57:56 PST 2011

I think Sherman's book also discusses the Jubilee album (which I also
have).  I think he says they were demos that were not otherwise
released.  Unless dl can come up with a 78, if they were released they
were probably recorded more recently than the 78 era and might have only
been on a 45.

I was a great fan of I've Got A Secret when I was a kid, and Leah also
fell in love with the series when it was aired on Game Show Network.
She recorded every episode GSN aired. Sherman can be seen briefly for a
few seconds in the shot of the crew on the 5th anniversary program.
Coincidentally, GSN is about to bring it back again this coming Monday,
I believe at 3 or 3:30 AM.  Because they are no longer airing episodes
that had been sponsored by cigarettes, the shows will all date from the
1960s which are probably all from after Alan Sherman was fired.  (By the
way Spelchek loves the Sherman letter.)

Mike Biel  mbiel at mbiel.com