[78-L] Wonder why this is so rare?

Cary Ginell soundthink at live.com
Sun Dec 4 21:06:46 PST 2011

Rare = Valuable. In Edgar Curry's book on Vogue, the record's value was estimated at $400 (this was in 1990). It was then, as is now, the most valuable Vogue disc. There were only two issues to come after R784 and the company was in trouble at the time, even resorting to issuing a few discs in monochrome instead of the usual full color. It being Art Kassel, no doubt the music was pedestrian at best (I only find the C&W issues and the Charlie Shavers musically interesting, but I haven't heard all of them).

Cary Ginell