[78-L] Great cd of early klezmer recordings at a special price

Michael Biel mbiel at mbiel.com
Thu Dec 1 14:58:20 PST 2011

On 12/1/2011 12:24 PM, David Lennick wrote:
> By the way, check out this seller's negative feedback.

They have a quarter of a million positive feedbacks in the past six
months, and only joined Feb 2 of this year.  Everything is automated --
all descriptions come from the items' barcode.  Most of their stuff is
cheap -- why is THIS CD so expensive.  Must be a typo.  With this HUGE
volume -- maybe 20,000 items a day -- I can see how a few hundred things
a month fall thru the cracks.  Free postage in Britain.

Mike Biel   mbiel at mbiel.com

> On 12/1/2011 12:16 PM, David Lennick wrote:
>> The seller misspelled "Yikes".
>>
>> dl
>>
>> On 12/1/2011 12:13 PM, Michael Biel wrote:
>>> From: "Steve Shapiro"<steveshapiro1 at juno.com>
>>>
>>> I guess this is what the 78s would cost.

Actually I have this, from the binary newsgroups, an amazing source of
recorded material, and it's really good if you're interested in klezmer.

The seller, however, is an optimist of remarkable proportions.
David Sanderson