[78-L] American Dance Bands On Record And Film

Julian Vein julianvein at blueyonder.co.uk
Wed Nov 30 09:52:49 PST 2011

Working my way through "American Dance Bands On Record And Film" to
extract information for my files and to note errors, it seems to me that
if it weren't for the pseudonyms, multiple issues and separate control
number listings the tome could have been half the size. The pseudonyms
are listed twice--once for the session involved and again as alphabetial
listings. I don't think these problems plague any other musical genre,
at least not to the same degree.

I'm sure discographers breath a sigh of relief when they deal with
Brunswick, Columbia and Victor sessions!

      Julian Vein