[78-L] Political voices

Taylor Bowie bowiebks at isomedia.com
Sun Nov 27 19:14:27 PST 2011

Hi Dennis,

Noted lead alto sax player Ernino (Noni) Bernardi was a Los Angeles City
Council member for many years.

Neil Buckley,  who was a vocalist  with the Don Bestor orch in the 30s,  was
Mayor of  some California town in the 60s...I can't recall where I read that
citation but it was in a legit history book.

Charlotte Reid was a GOP member of Congress from Illinois for several terms
in the 60s and 70s.  As "Annette King" she sang on radio in the 30s and 40s,
notably on Don McNeil's Breakfast Club...but I'm not aware if she made any
commercial records.

I'm sure there are others,  but those  came to mind right away.

Taylor B.