[78-L] Ted X Edison motivational lecture.

Thomas Edison edisonphonoworks at hotmail.com
Sat Nov 26 08:18:29 PST 2011

Thomas Negovan and I gave a lecture on cylinder history and recording at the

TedX motivational speakers consortium in Naperville IL. It was a real treat to

partake in this event. I know you are saying "why are you using a cygnet horn

to record with, are you daft!" I tried many different ones previous to the

event, and with the recorder I used this horn gave the best recording quality,

plus it made it easy to play back as well. A very low noise high output

cylinder issued from this event, and Thomas played in a normal playing manner.

The real treat also was setting up in the lobby afterwards, and playing

recordings, and having a Q.A session. There is definitely more interest with

the general public, it still amazes and astounds, especially when done right.

Of course many of the scientists, and lecturers were inspired by Thomas Edison.

When the video goes up, you will be able to hear this as well, will update where

and when this is available.

Sincerely Shawn Borri

http://www.flickr.com/photos/tedxnaperville/