[78-L] More on the phantom bidder

Darrell Lehman nickjay49 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 18 12:50:09 PST 2011

And 2 minutes ago I found my completed Calypso sale listing was
removed... ?

Then I rec'd the following.... maybe there's hope for us after all....

eBay 	*eBay sent this message to Darrell Lehman (nickjay78).*
Your registered name is included to show this message originated from
eBay. Learn more
<http://pages.ebay.com/help/confidence/name-userid-emails.html>.

  *MC067 Suspicious buyer for item 390364113122*

Hello nickjay78 (nickjay49 at gmail.com),

We had to cancel bids for the following buyer because they aren't
registered on eBay:

dorhawi

Please don't complete the transaction and don't ship the item. You may
have received an email saying the buyer has paid. However, that's
probably a fake message. To check if you actually received a payment,
please log in to your PayPal account. Also, be sure to report fake
emails to us. For more information, visit:
http://pages.ebay.com/help/account/questions/report-spoof-email.html

If you've already shipped the item and didn't receive a payment, you can
request a final value fee credit for the listing. To find out how, go to:
http://pages.ebay.com/help/sell/credits.html

To help you avoid this situation in the future, consider setting a Buy
It Now price and requiring buyers to make an immediate payment. For more
information on immediate payments, visit:
http://pages.ebay.com/help/pay/require-immediate-payment.html

Also, please consider taking the following action:

1. Contact the company that was used to send payment to verify whether
funds have cleared.

2. If the funds are fraudulent, contact law enforcement in the buyer's
area and give them the buyer's name, address, phone number, and any
other information that may be helpful. If someone is assigned to your
case, please ask them to contact us so that we can help with the
investigation.

3. Contact the shipping carrier to find out if you can stop shipment on
the package.

4. If you used the U.S. Postal Service (USPS) to ship the package,
consider filing a complaint at:
https://postalinspectors.uspis.gov/forms/MailFraudComplaint.aspx

5. File a complaint with the National Consumers League's (NCL) Fraud
Center at:
http://www.fraud.org

If you have any concerns or questions, click "Customer Support" at the
top of most eBay pages.

We're sorry for this inconvenience, and thanks for continuing to work
with us.

Thanks,

eBay

H12551

Learn More <http://pages.ebay.com/education/spooftutorial> to protect
yourself from spoof (fake) emails.

This administrative email was sent to nickjay49 at gmail.com
<mailto:nickjay49 at gmail.com> from eBay. Your account is registered on
www.ebay.com <http://www.ebay.com>. As outlined in our User Agreement,
eBay will periodically send you information about site changes and
enhancements. If you would like to receive this email in text format,
change your notification preferences
<http://cgi4.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?OptinLoginShow>.

eBay will periodically send you required emails about the site and your
transactions. Visit our Privacy Policy
<http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/privacy-policy.html> and User
Agreement <http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/user-agreement.html> if
you have any questions.

Copyright © 2011 eBay Inc. All Rights Reserved. Designated trademarks
and brands are the property of their respective owners. eBay and the
eBay logo are trademarks of eBay Inc. eBay Inc. is located at 2145
Hamilton Avenue, San Jose, CA 95125.