[78-L] top ten radio tunes on Dec 7 1941-?

Rodger Holtin rjh334578 at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 14 17:30:58 PST 2011

The morning man on the campus radio station wanted me to provide him with the top ten tunes on the radio on Dec 7 1941.  I found this list on the ol' net, but this seems more like a top ten of the year, not Dec 7th.

1) Jimmy Dorsey, "Amapola"
2) Sammy Kaye, "Daddy"
3) Freddy Martin, "Piano Concerto"
4) Glenn Miller, "Chattanooga Choo Choo"
5) Jimmy Dorsey, "Maria Elena"
6) Jimmy Dorsey, "Green Eyes"
7) Glenn Miller, "You and I"
8) Benny Goodman, "There'll Be Some Changes Made"
9) Vaughn Monroe, "There I Go"
10) Ink Spots, "We Three"

Even Whitburn says "We Three" by the Ink Spots charted in January of 41 and Monroe's "There I Go" was in February, and it does not make sense that they would stay on the charts all year.

Anybody else wanna weigh in on this one?  Can the Billboard charts for that week be accessed??

Rodger

For Best Results use Victor Needles.

.