[78-L] Acoustical 78s in Spectra-Sonic Sound^

bradc944 at comcast.net bradc944 at comcast.net
Wed Nov 9 12:28:28 PST 2011

When I was having the delirious thoughts about acoustic 78s in StereoAction, I had the mental image of a player set on a trolley-on-tracks (similar to a camera trolley setup), the tracks laid in the pattern of Billy-in-Family-Circus fashion, with boom mics throughout the room (and of course the recording console set upon a waterbed so that quick L-R-L-R pans could be wonderfully unpredictable).

...or some kind of computerized simulation.

hm.

COULD it be done, if only as a VERY limited edition joke? Or, better done with Jesse Crawford discs or (wait for it)... Frances Craig on Bullet?

I think it's time for my meds, I hear "Charmaine" playing in the distance...

Brad