[78-L] Acoustical 78s in Spectra-Sonic Sound

David Lennick dlennick at sympatico.ca
Tue Nov 8 20:25:29 PST 2011

No triangles, only primary colors are in the Design logo. THE GREATEST VOICES
OF A GOLDEN ERA are in circus-type lettering, and paintings of the performers
by one Stanley Kaufman grace the cover. Actually this isn't a half bad issue,
other than some tracks with bad speed flux. The Mary Garden-Debussy track
sounds better on this than on many other issues.

Note for Stereo fans:

The Hi-Fidelity excellence of the enclosed monaural DESIGN LP record permits
this to played on all STEREO phonograph equipment with an amazing degree of "in
depth" sound reproduction. (Okay, that's a boilerplate, as is the right-hand
panel describing Spectra-Sonic Sound.)

dl