[78-L] Lou Breese transcription

Mark Bardenwerper citrogsa at charter.net
Tue Nov 8 18:30:29 PST 2011

On 11/8/2011 5:34, David Lennick wrote:
> Where's our Lou Breese guy? I just came across a nice big Associated
> Transcription by him (60,380). Is he on this list or Toast of Noo Yawk?
>
> dl
Ooooh ooooh ooooh!!!

That is I!
Do you have it digitized yet?
How big is it? 12, 16"? Speed?
Approximate date?

As far as transcriptions go, all I have been able to find so far is a
REALLY poor recording of broadcasts from Cincinnatti and from Chez Paree
in Chicago. I also have a decent copy of a 1940 World's Fair promo. And
Perfect Ginger Ale Arthur Murray dance program. I think is was a pilot.
I have never heard or seen anything about an Arthur Murray radio show
featuring dance numbers beginning with the tick tock of a "dance nome".

I just subbed to toast of New York.

And someone just called my mother in law (Lou's daughter) and said they
saw a bio of him at a Chicago antique store. I am going to make a fast
move for it if it's true. But I think it is probably one of his very
late slick brochures. I have one of those.

Just finished burning my first alpha copy of every Breese 78 known. Came
out good, but I wish I had a better copy of "Tennessee Fish Fry" and its
flip and a truly round copy of Seven Days A Week.

--
Mark L. Bardenwerper, Sr. #:?)
Technology, thoughtfully, responsibly.