[78-L] The Columbia Record Shop 78 Albums ?

David Lennick dlennick at sympatico.ca
Mon Nov 7 19:56:43 PST 2011

Interesting..the polka dotted covers are like some generic early 40s Columbia
albums. I bet these contained records for a series of promotional radio
programs where the local announcer would read the script and spin the platters.
"Now Mr. Gregor Paddy O'Gorsky and his hot cello. Let 'er rip, Paddy!" (Don't
laugh..a CBC announcer who did a daily classical program ALWAYS said
"Patiogorsky" instead of Piatigorsky.)

dl