[78-L] Unusually long 78RPM sides

Royal Pemberton ampex354 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 7 17:00:25 PST 2011

So this record has the larger label size usually found on pre-1930 records,
not the smaller more or less 3" label first used on longer records and then
later adopted as standard?  Those grooves must be rather like those on a
Polydor 10" 78 I have from the early 1950s, a pair of medleys by Lale
Andersen.  Both sides are well over 5 minutes long, cut with variable
pitch, and with grooving fine enough that they could have easily got 6
minutes on each side.