[78-L] Did you Duck and Cover today? ^

Michael Biel mbiel at mbiel.com
Fri Nov 4 15:44:56 PDT 2011

From: dlennick at sympatico.ca
>>> A little nostalgia from 60 years ago.
>>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IKqXu-5jw60
>>> dl (duck, Lennick)

On 11/4/2011 6:03 PM, Cary Ginell wrote:
>> Thanks for making me feel old, David. I actually remember this.
>> I must have seen it in the early '60s.   Cary Ginell

This film was taken out-of-service somewhere between 1962 and 1964.  I
got my 16mm print when our Audio-Video faculty advisor was unreeling it
into the garbage to save the 400-foot reel.  He had a letter saying to
discard it.  I asked if I could have it instead and he gave it to me
including the original box.

From: David Lennick <dlennick at sympatico.ca>
> We in Canada never saw any of this stuff, except occasional glimpses
> on Buffalo TV.

Because Canada was not considered a target of the Russkies!  You were
too polite, I suppose.

> I was amazed the first time I went to the old Goodwill
> store on Division Street in downtown Buffalo in 1966 and saw the
> fallout shelter sign over the door.   dl

Goodwill was a fallout shelter???!!!!  What was it, Fort Knox??  If The
Bomb was heading our way, were we supposed to head for Goodwill??!!

And we were going to win the cold war with this??  No wonder Khrushchev
said that he would bury us!

Mike Biel  mbiel at mbiel.com