[78-L] Wondering. Where else but here?

Harold Aherne leotolstoy_75 at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 3 15:06:30 PDT 2011

There are several other online groups that cover categories related to 78s, but they all
have a slightly different focus. Some concentrate primarily on vintage machines and
collecting/restoring them. Others focus on the music but not really the records *per se*.
(There are a number of fans who listen primarily via CD or Internet sources; "matrix
number", "run-out area" and "edge flake not affecting play" won't have much meaning for
them!)

A few groups that fall broadly in the "78-related" category: (inclusion doesn't mean
endorsement on my part and not-inclusion doesn't mean denunciation. ;-)

The Talking Machine Forum:
http://forum.talkingmachine.info/

Dismuke's Message Board:
http://radiodismuke.com/forum

The Golden Age of British Dance Bands (membership required to read*):

American Dance Bands: The Hot, the Sweet and the Swinging (*):

Bowlly: The Man and His Music (*):

The Bixography Discussion Group:
http://www.network54.com/Forum/27140/

Phonostalgia:
http://www.facebook.com/phonostalgia

I'll add more if I happen to think of more.

-HA