[78-L] RIP CDs - and printed stuff in general

Rodger Holtin rjh334578 at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 2 14:26:25 PDT 2011

Didja read that - "magazines will be next" - ?
The slide won't stop there, either.  Even our college bookstore quit selling CDs in 2009.

But wait- there's more - our university IT department has been trying to shut down the bookstores on campus for two years.  The techies see them as dinosaurs and, further, it's their job to slay them, and they are diligent.  They've pushed every new techie toy possible for students and faculty and don't upgrade staff computers until they crash.  Yell bingo if any of this sounds familiar.

Our other bookstore caters to a niche market and will hang on a while longer, but it won't last many more years as it is.  College bookstores are just gift shops anyway.  Except for textbooks, I can carry all the other books out in my arms in one or two trips, and this just pushes it more that way.

Rodger

For Best Results use Victor Needles.

.