[78-L] Panic..or myth? (Hey, it was 73 years ago tonight, too)

Sammy Jones sjones69 at bellsouth.net
Tue Nov 1 12:44:39 PDT 2011

Mike Biel wrote:
"The current rules only require it on the hour
with no reference to how close to the hour it has to be.  They can be
done very sloppy now."

I say:

Very true!  I produce halftime, pregame, and postgame shows for Georgia Public Broadcasting's statewide TV network.  We generlly try to get the IDs for the nine station network on around the top of the hour, but plus or minus a couple of minutes is no big deal.  At least we don't have to break programming to ID the stations.  A graphic lower 3rd is good enough, though I have to make sure our program is free of other graphics on that place of the screen when it's time for the ID.

(I know, I know, radio is a different beast...)

Back to my question about the recording source for the Oct. 30th Chase and Sanborn show.  I found my CD, and while it is complete and contains the NBC system cue and chimes, there is no station ID at either the mid break or end of program.  My copy appears to have the space at the middle station break edited out, so I suppose there could have been a station ID there at one point.

Did the Chase and Sanborn Hour originate from Hollywood or New York?

Sammy Jones