[78-L] Panic..or myth? (Hey, it was 73 years ago tonight, too) [FWD]

David Lennick dlennick at sympatico.ca
Mon Oct 31 13:41:11 PDT 2011

When I was a student at Ryerson, we still had access to the campus station CJRT
and I had a slot where (pre-taped) student drama productions were aired every
afternoon. So a few of us adapted (see: stole) the script and set the invasion
in St. Catharines Ontario and did our version of it LIVE on April 1st, 1966. I
think we had 4 listeners. Rich Little was in the building a couple of days
earlier and I grabbed him and had him record the "president's" reassuring
message, as Prime Minister Lester Pearson.

dl