[78-L] For old timey TV fans..slight 78RPM connection

Jeff Sultanof jeffsultanof at gmail.com
Thu Oct 27 09:06:02 PDT 2011

I don't think anyone deliberately destroys negatives (vs. kinescopes),
although there are exceptions. The master video tapes of the children's
program "Winchell-Mahoney Time" were (supposedly) deliberately destroyed by
Metromedia when Winchell sued them over syndication rights (although there
are a couple of clips at You-Tube, so some may exist).

For shows produced independently, the question often is: where are negatives
stored? The website for "I'm Dickens, He's Fenster" implies that there was
some detective work to find the negatives.

Jeff Sultanof