[78-L] eBay question

Omar Facelli gaucho at netgate.com.uy
Thu Oct 27 07:17:35 PDT 2011

There are some glitches on eBay regarding for instance, this issue of
not letting offer a discount greater than the actual shipping fees
after the customer purchased the stuff that sometimes it makes me
wonder how the eBay brains work behind curtains to maximize profit
without putting a bit of thought on upgrading the shopping (and
selling) experience.
Another issue that is quite bothering is the necessity of
"un-combining" an invoice for items bought over a month ago by the
same seller when this same person buys more stuff. I say: I have
regular customers who usually buy stuff from me over a period of
several weeks. The fact is that eBay wouldn't allow me to send a
single invoice with combined purchases which differ one to another
with over 30 days. So the solution is to send and invoice for the
items showing in the current invoice and adding the older ones as a
surcharge, as they won't show anymore on the invoice. Odd, but true.
And finally, what's the purpose of uncombine and invoice? Is there a
logical explanation here?
For a guy like me dealing on eBay for over 15 years, these are
puzzling issues, I tell you that.

Omar in Montevideo