[78-L] Norman corwin presentation

Michael Biel mbiel at mbiel.com
Tue Oct 25 00:06:20 PDT 2011

From: Jeff Sultanof <jeffsultanof at gmail.com>
> Dr. Biel,
> Just a note to tell you that I loved the presentation on the ABS. I missed
> the very beginning of the presentation, and I know this was covered in an
> earlier thread, but how much of that premiere broadcast exists? Jeff Sultanof

All four hours of the Amalgamated inaugural broadcast exist.  The discs
were in the Ed Wynn archive and were transferred to tape by the National
Archives back in the 1970s.  Neal Ellis has digitized the tapes and when
he gets the side-joins edited he will have copies available.  His
website is http://www.oldtimeradioonmp3.com/ and it will be on one MP3
disc at a high encoding rate for $4 plus postage.

To answer Joe Salerno's question about the availability of the Norman
Corwin presentation I repeated at FOTR on Thursday, all of the FOTR
presentations for the past ten years are available on DVD from Fred
Berney's Satellite Media Productions.  The videos are $10 per disc and
unfortunately my two presentations will be on two separate discs.  The
website is http://oldietv.com/otr/fotr.html but you may need to email
him to find out when they will be ready (he seems to have forgotten to
put up last year's order form.)  fred at oldietv.com

Mike Biel  mbiel at mbiel.com