[78-L] CBC radio

David Lennick dlennick at sympatico.ca
Mon Oct 24 13:00:24 PDT 2011

On 10/24/2011 3:06 PM, DAVID BURNHAM wrote:
> dl wrote:
>
> The Corp may also be boosting everything
> because of the old problems of sending a signal from the Maritimes all the way
> to BC

> That was more of a problem when the time delay was performed by analog tape machines and each time zone received an additional generation loss so that listeners in Vancouver were hearing a 5th generation recording of the broadcast.  Today they use a digital time delay system so that problem has been largely eliminated.
>
> db
> ______

Tell me about it. I did a program from Edmonton, which we fed to the Maritimes.
The delayed version sounded so bad that we ran the original tape in Alberta
(but obviously not feeding it to BC..one time we ran a contest asking people to
tell us what the letters SM stood for, promoting  the new series of albums in
the SM 5000 series, and EVERY letter from out west explained what FM stood for).