[78-L] The audio casette is making a comback

Kristjan Saag saag at telia.com
Thu Oct 20 09:55:36 PDT 2011

So why do we play those noisy, hissing, cracking, warping 78's? Bit of
nostalgia involved, too - no?
Besides: being an audiophile (lover of sound) does not necceseraly mean
you define audio fidelity (true sound) as a measurable entity. That's
why it was perfectly reasonable that many audiophiles, in the early
digital era, claimed that LP:s sounded better than CD:s, despite the
surface noise, which usually is absent in the concert hall or recording
studio. Some audiophiles still do.
Kristjan