[78-L] Brunswick Show Boat album redux

Philip Fukuda 78rpm at sbcglobal.net
Wed Oct 19 23:40:48 PDT 2011

I just won several Brunswick monthly supplements from 1932 and 1933. The December 1932 and January 1933 issues highlight the Show Boat Album.

It lists the artists and titles of each record (20114 to 20117), plus states the following:

"THESE FOUR RECORDS ARE PRESENTED IN AN ATTRACTIVE COLORED ALBUM-WITH PHOTOGRAPHS AND AUTOGRAPHS OF THE CAST-$5.00"

The supplement I didn't win from November 1932 has Helen Morgan's photo on the cover in conjunction with Show Boat. So, I assume November was the first mention of the album.

I don't know if Brunswick issued a full catalog in 1932 or 1933. Anybody know foe sure?

Philip