[78-L] ARC-Brunswick vocalists

Taylor Bowie bowiebks at isomedia.com
Wed Oct 19 17:26:31 PDT 2011

Hi Al,

The ARC sides are something different...dance tunes recorded without vocals,
seemingly to play in theaters.

A lot of the non-vocal Brunswick takes were recorded for Germany.  Some
copies of the American issue of Roy Ingrahm's Me  And The Clock are actually
the non-vocal export version,  even though the label credits vocal.  I made
that discovery by accident a couple of years ago...I imagine there are other
mistake issues as well.

Rust notes that several of the Herbert Gordon Brunswicks were also recorded
in non-vocal versions.  I've never been able to find any of them...anybody
have any?

Taylor