[78-L] Pristineclassical corrected URL Re: question about wavering pitch on pre-matrix Victors

Doug Pomeroy audiofixer at verizon.net
Wed Oct 19 13:32:26 PDT 2011

Mike,

Yes, and I suggest you pitch the music as close to being in tune BEFORE
you try to use Capstan, since it looks at the nearest pitch center
referenced
to A 440 Hz.  At least I think that is the way it works.  Presumably
it allows
you to designate the 'A' frequency, which might not be 440 Hz in some
cases; many years ago it was 438 Hz in Europe, etc.

Doug

> Message: 8
> Date: Wed, 19 Oct 2011 14:42:56 -0400
> From: Mike Daley <mikedaley at gmail.com>
> To: 78-L Mail List <78-l at klickitat.78online.com>
>
> Thank you Doug, Joe and Robert. Looks like Celemony is the name of the
> company, and the specific piece of software for wow and flutter is
> called Capstan.
>
> http://www.celemony.com/cms/index.php?id=capstan
>
> And yes, it costs US $4478. I'm playing around with the demo version
> right now, using that Bert Williams recording. The automatic
> processing yields a very autotune-like sound, which makes sense
> considering that the software works on the same principle (and is made
> by the same company) as Melodyne, the now ubiquitous (in current
> popular music) pitch correction software. I'm sure that with some
> tweaking it would work wonders on Bert and others.
>
> Mike

Doug Pomeroy
POMEROY AUDIO
Audio Restoration & Mastering Services