[78-L] [ToNY] Norman Corwin - 1910 - 2011

Michael Biel mbiel at mbiel.com
Wed Oct 19 11:50:30 PDT 2011

From: David Lennick <dlennick at sympatico.ca>
To: ToastOfNewYork at yahoogroups.com, 78L <78-L at 78online.com>
> http://www.npr.org/player/v2/mediaPlayer.html?action=1&t=1&islist=false&id=4668028&m=4668044
> On a Note of Triumph.  dl

The intro and closing announcement are removed from this version.  I am
not sure whether this is the original May 8, 1945 broadcast or the
repeat on May 11 which was on the Columbia 78 set.  The May 8 was issued
by George Garabedian on Mark 56 from Norman's own ETs.  I finally found
a copy of that LP at Amoeba the day before ARSC in LA where I did a
presentation about Norman with Norman in the front row.  We then had an
all-star re-creation of his 1945 program "The Undecided Molecule".  I
will be repeating my presentation during our webcast of the Friends of
Old Time Radio convention which starts Thurs morning on YesterdayUSA.com
 .  It is also available on the ARSC web site, but if I do it live at
FOTR there will be an added attraction of a WQXR Poetic License program
from 1938 before he went to CBS.

Mike Biel  mbiel at mbiel.com