[78-L] OT? Yep...Re: Perry Mason (a bit OT)

Robert M. Bratcher Jr. rbratcherjr at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 19 10:46:51 PDT 2011

Ridata recordable CD's? Sounds like unauthorized bootlegs to me unless some episodes have already fallen into the public domain. Season 1 & I think season 2 can be found as legal DVD's at Amazon but the other seasons have not been released on DVD yet although Columbis House released the entire run (or at least I think they did) on VHS tapes. I bought them from an Ebay seller awhile back as a complete set some of which had never been opened but then I also purchase 16mm film prints of the show used on broadcast TV. A few are network prints with the original commercials still in them & the rest are later syndication prints without commercials. Some of those syndication prints had been cut short for time & thankfully whatever station did it left the trims spliced together at the end of the show with some lightstruck leader between the shows end & the trimmed parts so that I could restore those shows back to thier original 50 minute length. I did
 manage to get many other trims of this show from a 16mm film collector/dealer I know which has helped me to restore all of my other cut shows back to the original length plus I have trims left over for other cut for time shows I might get in the future. You do realize that cable stations are running old TV shows in less than thier original running time right? Basically they cut them down from 50 minutes to 44 or 45 minutes so your missing 4 or 5 minutes of the original show so that more commercials can be run nowadays. And half hour shows are cut to 22 minutes like some (thankfully not all) of my Make Room For Danny a.k.a The Danny Thomas Show are but I don't have any trims to restore those to original 25 minute length so I have to show them on my Kodak Pageant as they are. Too bad every season of that show hasn't been released on DVD like was done with The Mary Tyler Moore Show & The Dick Van Dyke Show was. Oh & yes I do collect 16mm film prints of
 those shows too when I can find them even though I have all episodes on DVD which means I got to watch some of the season 4 though 7 MTM shows before they came out as legal DVD's.