[78-L] ARC-Brunswick vocalists

Taylor Bowie bowiebks at isomedia.com
Wed Oct 19 09:49:30 PDT 2011

Julian,  I assume you're speaking of those sessions mostly (?) in 1932 where
ARC would record a tune one week with a studio band and Paul Small...then a
few days later do it again with Dick Robertson or Smith Ballew or Chick or
somebody else..

I don't have too many like that...right now I'm blanking on any titles but I
know I have some.

What is even more mysterious to me are the ones issued for theaters on the
special ARC label with the same thing on both sides.  I thought at first
that they would just be instrumental versions of the same record which was
released commercially with a vocal.  But I've only found one like that...the
rest are from different sessions with different bands and charts.

Are any of those listed in the new dance band discography?

Taylor