[78-L] Deluxe, was TW Musicraft N7 set

David Lennick dlennick at sympatico.ca
Fri Oct 14 16:06:22 PDT 2011

The Raymond Scott Nationals. (The Billy Eckstine Nationals are pretty rotten as
well.)

The Sarah Vaughan Musicrafts when Musicraft had gone apesh*t over the echo
chamber at Radio Recorders (combine that with the noisiest shellac ever dredged
up, probably from the infirmary at the Bronx Zoo).

Black and purple label Capitols from about 1947 when someone decided to drop
the levels and take out the mid-range. (If you find DJ pressings of these,
rejoice, for you can EQ them to your heart's content, but they have the same
over-use of echo as Musicrafts.)

dl