[78-L] A doubt about EQ curves

Iñigo Cubillo ice261263 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 14 13:06:27 PDT 2011

I’ve been lately worried with a question. How is the right EQ for US blue Deccas in the 2000-4000 range? I’ve read at some EQ charts (WAMS, Elliot and others) that a treble rollof of up to –12db shall be applied, but they sound great to my ears with a flat treble (RIAA eliminated).

And also I played just yesternight the Sinatra red Co 36947 (full moon and empty arms (rachmaninoff's concerto), co 35441 2 (w) // you are too beautiful, hco 1522 1a (w)) and I was surprised by the strange EQ of the HCO side; much killed treble at flat position and thin bass. It is like a poor dubbing. Anyone knows the reason?