[78-L] What's an ERPI?

David Lennick dlennick at sympatico.ca
Thu Oct 13 16:07:01 PDT 2011

I have the ten inch Frost lps..I wasn't sure if they were the same recordings
as the 78s. I have 3 of the 12-inch 78s and one Gertrude Stein, and I thought
that she had been recorded earlier (based on what I think it said on the
Caedmon lp). I suspect that the Frost 78s could date from 1938, if World was
using consecutive matrix numbers and just assigning appropriate prefixes to
them. The discs I have bear matrix numbers B17540/1 and 17544/7, and a World
Transcription of the Chevrolet Musical Moments series with a definite "new 1939
Chevrolet on display this October 11" reference is BB17438. Just speculation on
my part, but I'd say that all discs were cut by the same company.

dl