[78-L] Vinyl documentary

Michael Biel mbiel at mbiel.com
Mon Oct 10 10:32:01 PDT 2011

From: Marvin Kaplansky <kaplanskym at gmail.com>
> Speaking of vinyl documentaries, "Vinyl" will be shown at 9PM on Wednesday
> October 19 (repeated three hours later) on TV Ontario.  Marvin Kaplansky

Are you sure that the film you are referring to being shown in Ontario
is not the morbidly depressing "Vinyl" that was done about ten years ago
by Alan Zweig?  That film is to be avoided if you wish to retain your
sanity.  Zweig's film is everything that my daughter Leah strived to
avoid in her video documentary about record collectors, "For the
Record".  Besides, her documentary is more about us shellac collectors!

The documentary Cary is linking to is different, and seems to be also a
more positive look at collectors like Leah's.

Mike Biel  mbiel at mbiel.com