[78-L] top amount of bidders, explanation needed...

Han Enderman jcenderman at solcon.nl
Sat Oct 8 13:53:03 PDT 2011

It must be an early Chinese blues record by Blind Willie McChong....
In 2009 a record on this Parrots label (# 2504) was sold for $202.
And there have been far more expensive Chinese items.
The number of 71 bids is very high, but there are only 7 bidders, starting with $10.

I was far more surprised by 21 bids, ending at $104, for the following
(Now sell your copy - which most likely also is in better condition - to the person who bid only $100):

http://www.ebay.com/itm/CLASSIC-ANDREWS-SISTERS-DECCA-3598-BUGLE-BOY-/190579066418?pt=Music_on_Vinyl&hash=item2c5f65c632

And how about the US Parrot label.
Here are the results on popsike:
http://www.popsike.com/php/quicksearch.php?searchtext=parrot&x=10&y=11

han enderman
===
>>> I think we would need to be able to read Chinese and know their culture.
 If you look at all the other records he has up, some of them are in the
price range of this one, but others on the same label are at $19.50.  So
I don't think it is this label because some on common labels are bid
almost as high.  As far as the shape it is in, he does say that it has
retained its circular form!!

Mike Biel  mbiel at mbiel.com