[78-L] Kay Armen

Cary Ginell soundthink at live.com
Wed Oct 5 08:54:46 PDT 2011

There is a tune written by Ross Bagdasarian (aka David Seville) called "Armen's Theme." I have it on a British London 78, but below is an image of the U.S. Liberty version. I never made the connection between Bagdasarian and Armen, but they both had Armenian roots (Armen's real name was Armenuhi Manoogian), so that probably indicates some sort of friendship between them. The charming melody sounds more Italian than Armenian. I always liked Bagdasarian's non-Chipmunks instrumentals.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/78-DAVID-SEVILLE-chipmunks-ARMENS-THEME-1956-VG-/270733839394?pt=Music_on_Vinyl&hash=item3f08fe8c22

Cary Ginell