[78-L] Annie's Cousin Fanny

Michael Shoshani mshoshani at sbcglobal.net
Wed Oct 5 07:03:05 PDT 2011

On Wed, 2011-10-05 at 09:56 -0400, lherault at bu.edu wrote:
> I've always heard that it is Miller at the end.  Great, funny tune.

Definitely Miller at the end. If you've ever heard any of his radio
broadcasts, or even the commercial records on which he spoke (Doin' the
Jive, I'm Sorry For Myself, The Lady's In Love With You), his flat nasal
voice with a hint of a Midwestern twang is unmistakable.

I played Annie for my mother in law once and told her it was GM at the
end. Her eyes got wide and she asked "how did they get HIM to sing
that??" "Mom", I said, "he WROTE it." :)

MS