[78-L] Buying collections - a dream

David Lennick dlennick at sympatico.ca
Tue Oct 4 15:22:01 PDT 2011

I once rolled a shopping cart up to the volunteer cashier at the Toronto
Symphony Rummage sale and as she rolled her eyes upward, I said "Twenty bucks?"
Grateful not to have to count all of them, she said "Fine."

And then there was the collection a recording engineer had instructed his wife
to show me after his death..I already had the unknown Duke Ellington concert
from Hamilton Ontario in my car (to "sample") before I offered her a token
amount for everything else.

dl