[78-L] Mutter 1, Gershwin 0

David Lennick dlennick at sympatico.ca
Sat Oct 1 13:28:53 PDT 2011

I respectfully disagree, David. I heard ASM in concert at Roy Thompson Hall
(okay, not known for hearing anyone at best advantage) and she squeaked through
a Mozart Concerto with a thin wiry tone that could barely fill the place. Jake
Harnoy heard the same performance and thought it was full bodied, but maybe he
had a better view of her bare shoulders. She has never impressed me as anything
more than Karajan's puppet.

And the old joke is "Smith played Brahms. Brahms lost." Hence, the subject line
as above.

dl