[78-L] Sylvia Robinson (made 78s)

David Lewis uncledavelewis at hotmail.com
Fri Sep 30 18:03:07 PDT 2011

The Cincinnati generic of "Love is Strange" by "Gloria & Bobby" was Big 4 Hits 211-B, paired with
"Wringle Wrangle" by Davey York. It's not as great as the Mickey & Sylvia, but it's still pretty awesome.
When it's a really great song, I guess it's hard to kill if done with heart.

Hard to get links to audio to post here, but I hope to get that track up later.

Sylvia Robinson was a giant in the music business, and everything she did was with heart, although
her business sense was pretty acute. That article is crap, as T. indicates below.

Uncle Dave Lewis
uncledavelewis at hotmail.com

Article pays disservice to her work with Mickey Baker, covering that
with one sentence: Later, she was part of the duo "Mickey & Sylvia."

As Mickey and Sylvia, there were 78s on Cat, Rainbow and Groove as
early as 54, through 58. Love is Strange as Groove 0175 and Vik 0252.

Solo, prior to that she was known as Little Sylvia, and recorded for
Jubilee as early as 1952

These omissions make the article sound as if was written by Clear Channel