[78-L] Not On Topic, But Advice Appreciated.

Spats spats47 at ntlworld.com
Sun Sep 25 12:28:26 PDT 2011

Hi!

Not really on-topic but I thought you might have some knowledge about this.

30 years ago, I would prowl around London with my trusty Walkman and
record veteran Jazz performers 'in concert', knowing they wouldn't be
around forever.

I recorded Ella Fitzgerald, Count Basie, Snub Mosely, Benny Carter,
Benny Waters, Earl Hines, Buddy Tate, Barney Bigard, Bill Coleman,
'Jabbo' Smith, Mary Lou Williams, Teddy Wilson (all live) among
others...

This week, I bought a new toy...a cassette player with a USB output
and I've been listening to some amazing music in pretty acceptable
sound quality and transferring it to digital format.

I would love to put the music 'out' somehow, but don't know about the
legalities involved, especially with the recent  change of law in
Europe...

Earl.