[78-L] Blind Blake mystery solved

Cary Ginell soundthink at live.com
Fri Sep 23 06:44:58 PDT 2011

After much diligent research, a team of blues historians has unearthed pertinent information about blues guitarist Blind Blake's life and death. I haven't seen the article yet, but it shows that Blake died in December 1934 at the age of 38, a fact nobody really knew until now. If anyone has this issue yet, please post details. Blake's life has been a large void in the history of the blues. I'm sure there are a lot of people anxious to find out more about him.

Alex van der Tuuk, Bob Eagle, Rob Ford, Eric LeBlanc and Angela Mack: In Search of Blind Blake - Arthur Blake's death certificate unearthed.- Blues & Rhythm 263 (October 2011), pp. 8-10

Cary Ginell