[78-L] Canadian Apex-Decca 26000 series

Han Enderman jcenderman at solcon.nl
Fri Sep 23 06:35:28 PDT 2011

The legendary Barr, in the 1st ed. of his dating guide, says about the Apex 26000 series
that items between ca. 26170-26220 appear - perhaps exclusively - on Compo Decca.

I have many label images of this Apex/Decca series, especially from 26220 on.
Ranges for the 3 groups of images are:
Apex 26011-26079;
Decca 26189-26207;
Apex 26220-26415.

Some questions:
- are Decca issues known beyond this confirmed range 26189-26207 ?
- were some Decca issues subsequently repressed on Apex ?
- what are the first (26000?) and last Apex issues in this series ?
and:
- there is a large gap in my images of this series, since no images have been found
in the range 26080-26188. Can this be explained ?

han enderman