[78-L] BILL BOYD - David Blues

Cary Ginell soundthink at live.com
Thu Sep 22 21:27:11 PDT 2011

I have "David Blues" by Bill Boyd and it is no way similar to "House of David Blues." The melody is an arrangement of "Bring It On Down to My House, Honey," which was used by many western swing groups under a variety of names. Why this song is called "David Blues" can only be known by Eli Oberstein, who was the culprit responsible for changing Bluebird titles to avoid paying royalties and so he could copyright them himself.

Cary Ginell