[78-L] quality control problems - Poor Vinyl

David Lennick dlennick at sympatico.ca
Thu Sep 22 08:00:10 PDT 2011

It was always lax. I can show you Columbia 78s from the 1910s, particularly
green label ones, where one side is horribly off center, and a couple from the
same series which have the wrong master pressed (Chinese vocal instead of
Yiddish on one). And the other week I mentioned a ludicrous example of a disc
whose labels apparently match the matrix numbers, except for prefixes, and
contain totally unrelated music: